Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day...







Yesterday was my very favorite kind of day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous & everyones schedule was clear, so my family & I decided to celebrate Fathers Day by hitting the road with no particular place to go.

As so many of our free days go, we headed towards water. Our first stop was Wye Island MD, where we meandered through a path of overgrown Osage Orange trees. The antique trees were gnarled & bent to form a tunnel of sorts. It was a wonderful place for pictures, & once again Mother Nature reminded me why I hate fake backdrops & will probably never have an indoor studio. After about a miles walk, we found ourselves on tiny a secluded beach, just perfect for wading, relaxing, skipping stones & spending time with my 2 favorite people.
After Wye Island, we came back to Dover to watch the Thunderbirds & check out some of our favorite haunts. I would love to blog some more (tons of great pictures from the day including a fox that let me get crazy close to it!!!) but work beckons. I have weddings to edit, albums to design...and this week I have 2 weddings!
I hope your family had as wonderful a day as mine did. Peace.

No comments: